A while ago, I happened to find some fabric in the clearance bin with lovely Bambis all over it. It was such a good price, I couldn’t pass it up. However, I knew right away I was going to have trouble using it because it had two qualities I try to avoid when shopping for fabrics: it was primarily a bold, dark color, and it was a large scale print– Most of my projects tend to be tiny and I have a fairly consistent color palette of pales and pastels.
But yesterday, I was searching through my fabrics for something I could use to make new coasters. (The ones I made only a few months ago are pretty tea-stained already). I was looking for a darker fabric, and of course Bambi popped up!
Now, to tone down the deep dark field of green that is most of the fabric, I framed the little Bambi tableaus in some light pinks and greens that will match the rest of the decor in my home. I made the coasters large enough to rest a teapot on, and was happy to have found my first use for Bambi.